With this blog I will be sharing my journey with the world of Cloud Computing and Virtualization. Journeys I have taken in my IT career include:
- Oracle DBA focusing on HA with RAC, Data Guard, Streams, Performance Tuning and Backup/Recovery.
- Oracle ACE in Fusion Middleware working with SOA, BPEL, J2EE, SOAP, XML, etc.
- MySQL DBA working with open source and the LAMP stack. I joined MySQL AB to begin my journey into open source. MySQL was a fantastic experience. It was a great company with an incredible vision that brought together some of the best people in the open source world all working towards a common goal. It was a once in a lifetime experience to be part of the incredible growth MySQL encountered in its last two years. (mysql-dba-journey.blogspot.com)
- I then became part of Sun Microsystems when they purchased MySQL AB. Sun initially wanted to integrate MySQL into all of Sun technology and leverage the incredible growth of MySQL and open source. Sun gave me a great opportunity to get in to Virtualization, Cloud Technology and delivering training solutions using Virtual Reality. (blogs.sun.com/georgetrujillo).
- In-depth focus on virtualization and best practices for implementing virtualization solutions in the cloud.
- I then returned to Oracle through the Sun acquisition but my heart was in the cloud. So I decided to leave Oracle to begin a focused journey into the cloud.