Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Introduction: George Trujillo's Journey into the Cloud

With this blog I will be sharing my journey with the world of Cloud Computing and Virtualization.  Journeys I have taken in my IT career include:
  • Oracle DBA focusing on HA with RAC, Data Guard, Streams, Performance Tuning and Backup/Recovery.
  • Oracle ACE in Fusion Middleware working with SOA, BPEL, J2EE, SOAP, XML, etc.
  • MySQL DBA working with open source and the LAMP stack.  I joined MySQL AB to begin my journey into open source.  MySQL was a fantastic experience.  It was a great company with an incredible vision that brought together some of the best people in the open source world all working towards a common goal.  It was a once in a lifetime experience to be part of the incredible growth MySQL  encountered in its last two years. (mysql-dba-journey.blogspot.com)
  • I then became part of Sun Microsystems when they purchased MySQL AB.  Sun initially wanted to integrate MySQL into all of Sun technology and leverage the incredible growth of MySQL and open source.  Sun gave me a great opportunity to get in to Virtualization, Cloud Technology and delivering training solutions using Virtual Reality.  (blogs.sun.com/georgetrujillo).
  • In-depth focus on virtualization and best practices for implementing virtualization solutions in the cloud.
  • I then returned to Oracle through the Sun acquisition but my heart was in the cloud.  So I decided to leave Oracle to begin a focused journey into the cloud.
I've always looked to the horizon to where the technology industry is going, so I've decided to follow a new path and journey deeper into Cloud and virtualization technologies.  The time working at Sun Microsystems and learning their virtualization solutions were a great introduction to the capabilities of virtualization technology and understanding the important role it plays in Cloud Computing.   I'm looking to be an evangelist of implementing Oracle/MySQL database and middleware solutions in the Cloud.  As well as eventually becoming a Cloud Architect.    I hope you enjoy this blog and I look forward to sharing my cloud journey.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to comment your blog and say that I really enjoyed reading your blog post here. It was very informative. Keep it up and I’ll be back to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete