Virtualization hypervisors from different vendors are as different as products from different database vendors. Comparing Hyper-V, Xen Server and VMware is like comparing SQL Server, MySQL and the Oracle Enterprise Edition.
VMware's tooling, infrastructure and management are some of the key factors that make it the dominant market leader. Some numbers that demonstrate VMware's maturity, stability and market leadership:
- There are over 20 million VMware VMs.
- A new VMware VM is created every 6 seconds.
- There are over 800,000 vSphere Administrators.
- There are over 68,000 VMware Certified Professionals (VCP).
- Latest release of vSphere 5.0 had over 1 million engineering hours and over 2 million QA hours. A VMware VM is the most stable platform to run production databases and business critical applications.
Designing and managing the virtual infrastructure is the key to succeeding with virtualization. No virtualization environment comes close to the maturity and expertise found in the VMware world.
Post a Comment